Don’t forget to sign up for an upcoming weekend at Bon Echo. Secure your spot at Ox Roast, the Toronto Section’s big social event of the year. It’s a fun weekend for everyone, young and old, to get together and catch up with adventure stories and enjoy a communal meal on Saturday night.
About Bon Echo Weekends:
Please note that there are still some loose ends related to the hut renovation. While the kitchen is mostly complete, please be prepared with your own camping cookware for meals.
The ACC Toronto Section poured a lot of love and labour into the hut renovation. It has come to our attention that the hut has become fairly messy over the last few weeks. We are proud of the new hut and want to keep it looking new and shiny for our members for as long as possible. We ask that members help keep the hut in good condition by cleaning up after themselves. Please do not allow water to sit on the floor, dirty water to sit in the wash bins, garbage to sit out on the counters or on the floors, and clean up after your meals.
The Bon Echo Wally Joyce Hut is accessed by club boat from the public dock on North Mazinaw Heights Road. Usual pickup times at the public dock on North Mazinaw Heights Rd. are 10:30 p.m. Friday and 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Other times must be arranged ahead of time with the custodian.
Because the cliff lies within a provincial park, there are rules that must be observed (mandatory helmets is one). Make yourself familiar with them at the section website: alpineclubtoronto.ca/bonecho/
HUT FEES: Members: $20 per day/night. Non-members: $40 per day/night. Fees include boat transport to the dock and cliff.
WHAT TO EXPECT: The hut is for cooking and eating only, with dinnerware and cooking equipment provided. The hut is currently undergoing renovations and while most of the kitchen is finished, there are still some loose ends. Please be prepared to have your own camping cookware.
Climbers sleep in their own tents. There is a limited number of campsites.
TRIP CLASSIFICATION: B/C
WAIVER: You must read it before attending and sign a colour copy of it in ink upon arrival: https://alpineclubtoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/ACCWaiver.pdf
To make a reservation email or phone the volunteer custodian (list below) by Thursday evening of the weekend you are planning to attend. Do not show up without a reservation or you will be turned back. Please include the time when you plan to arrive, the names of everyone in your party and whether each person in your party is a club member.
• July 27-28 — Calvin Klatt at613‐447‐2072 or email@example.com
• August 3-5 (Simcoe Day weekend) — Rob Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org
• August 10-11 — Steve Mitskopoulos at 416-302-4288 or email@example.com)
• August 17-18 — Chris Talbot at 416-550-0262 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• August 24-25 — Rob Leblanc and Josée Duckett at 416-550-0262 or
• August 31 – Sept. 2 (Labour Day weekend) — TBA
• Sept. 14-15 — Mark Hurst at email@example.com
• Sept. 21-22 — Rob Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sept. 28-29 — Dave Myles at email@example.com
• Oct. 5-6 — Marshall Johnston at 416‐436‐8583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oct. 19-20 (docking out) — Bryan Thompson at email@example.com