Where: The Gold Range, Monashee Mountains, BC, Week 5 of the Back Country Mountaineering Camp (BMC)
When: August 2 – 9, 2020 (Sunday to Sunday). Registration starts on November 20th.
What: A combination of instructional, guided and self guided climbing that ranges from 4th class scrambling to 5.9 climbing and glacier traverses.
Cost: $2,430 + GST per person; the cost for self-guided participant is $2,009 + GST per person. Costs do not include transportation to and from BC.
Why? A rare opportunity to climb gneiss!
We are excited to announce that the ACC Toronto Section Annual Mountaineering camp will be held in the Gold Range in British Columbia this year. This year’s camp will be part of the 2020 BMC (Backcountry Mountaineering Camp) operated by Galena Mountain Guides. (www.galenamountainguides.ca).
The Camp will be located in the Gold Range of the Southern Monashees about 75 km south of Revelstoke BC. This is a rare opportunity to get out and climb some Gneiss! The area has something for all levels of climbing, from 4th class ridge scrambling to 5.9 climbing and glacier traverses for mountaineers. Further information about the BMC location can be found on their website at https://www.galenamountainguides.ca/backcountry_mountaineering_camp.php.
Depending on interest from Toronto Section members, the Mountaineering Camp will be structured as:
- 1 or 2 instructional groups (e.g., Introduction to Mountaineering Course, Advanced Mountaineering Course);
- 1 or 2 regular guided groups; and
- 1 self-guided group.
The Mountaineering Camp can accommodate up to 13 instructional or guided participants, plus a few self-guided participants for a total 15 participants overall for the week.
The cost for the instructional or guided participant is $2,430 + GST per person; the cost for self-guided participant is $2,009 + GST per person. These costs include the shuttle bus fee. A non-refundable/non=transferable 20% deposit will be due to Galena Mountain Guides at time of booking (December 2019), with the remaining balance due 60 days prior to the start of the Camp.
Further details on the 2020 ACC Toronto Section Mountaineering Camp are available from the Mountaineering Coordinator at email@example.com
To allow everyone a fair chance to attend, registration for the 2020 ACC Toronto Section Mountaineering Camp will begin on Wednesday November 20, 2019 at 8:00 pm EST. Please send an email to the Mountaineering Coordinator, Sean Russell, at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you wish to register for:
- Introduction to Mountaineering Course; or
- Advanced Mountaineering Course; or
- Guided Participant; or
- Self-Guided Participant
Please provide information regarding your previous mountaineering experience (e.g., camps, courses, peaks, etc., and any other relevant information) and please provide a phone number should we need to discuss your experience.
The Process for Registration:
- Registrants for the 2020 Mountaineering Camp will be put on the list on a first come, first served basis, for the particular Camp category (i.e., course, etc.) in which they are interested and in the order in which they email the Mountaineering Coordinator.
- A screening process will then take place to determine a registrant’s eligibility.
- Registrants who intend to be self-guided will be reviewed and discussed to determine if that option is viable.
- Following eligibility screening, a list of participant names and associated courses for “Week 5” will be sent to Galena Mountain Guides by December 4, 2019.
- Galena Mountain Guides will get in touch with you as soon as possible to confirm your participation and arrange for payment.
- A 20% deposit to Galena Mountain Guides is due at time of booking (~ December 2019), with the balance due 60 days prior to the start of the Camp.
- No registrations will be taken prior to 8:00 pm EST on November 20, 2019.
- No one under the age of 18 may register for the Camp.
- The 2020 Mountaineering Camp is for ACC members only.
TRIP CLASSIFICATION: B/C
You must read and understand the ACC waiver before attending and
sign a colour copy of it in ink upon arrival: