- This event has passed.
Bon Echo pending
CHECK IN REGULARLY TO SEE WHETHER A CUSTODIAN HAS BEEN LINED UP FOR THIS WEEKEND …
The Bon Echo property has reopened on a limited scale and those wishing to camp and climb should read the revised protocols closely.
• There can only be 12 people on the site at one time. Owing to this cap, bookings this summer are limited to paid-up ACC members only.
• To reserve a camping spot, send your request to ACCBE.firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be accepted first come, first served — any excess requests go on a waiting list. A spot is not secured until paid for.
• Custodians will not be handling booking requests so do not send them any. Their contact details are simply for arranging pickup times and other logistical matters.
• The new hut fee is $30 a day. This is to be paid through PayPal to the Toronto Section. There will be a conditional refund policy. There will be no payments accepted at the hut.
• We’re allowing midweek camping this season, but only if a custodian is available and at least 2 campers have signed up.
• Until the government says otherwise, the sauna must remain closed for regular use.
• Standard social distancing protocols apply both on the ACC property and in the park. Everyone must stay 2 meters apart. If that’s not possible, you must wear a mask. You must bring your own mask and hand sanitizer.
• Only one driver and two passengers are allowed in the boat unless the passengers are from the same household/social bubble. Masks must be worn in the boat.
• Copies of the full protocols and other relevant documents are available online. You are strongly advised to read them.