Here are some of the reasons why you might want to join the Toronto Section:
- Participate in club activities, ranging from rock-climbing days at local crags to mountaineering expeditions. In the winter, section trips explore the many ice-climbing and back-country ski areas within a day’s drive of Toronto. Many climbers learn through participation in section trips and gain the ability needed to go out on their own. Special nights at local climbing gyms and social get-togethers are also amongst the section’s offerings.
- Benefit from members’ rates at our cabin (including boat service) at Bon Echo, where a granite cliff 100m high and almost 2km long rises out of the water at Lake Mazinaw.
- Benefit from members’ rates at the Montreal Section’s cabin in the Adirondacks.
- Enjoy our semi-annual newsletter.
- Support our Access Committee, which is working to maintain good relationships with land-owners and preserve climbing rights throughout Southern Ontario.
As a member of Toronto Section, you’ll automatically become a member of the national club, the Alpine Club of Canada. Here are some of the benefits of this:
- Participation in the National Club’s ski and climbing camps in western Canada
- The National Club’s quarterly newsletter
- Liability insurance for club events
- Members’ rates at the club’s hostel in Lake Louise
- UIAA affiliation
- The annual Canadian Alpine Journal, one of the world’s best alpine journals, at preferential rates
- As an option, advance booking privileges and members’ rates at the hut system out west, including the Canmore clubhouse.
To join the Toronto Section of the Alpine Club of Canada, you must join the National Club. The Alpine Club of Canada’s application form will ask which section of the club you wish to be affiliated.
If you would like further information, please contact the Toronto Section’s membership coordinator, at email@example.com. You will also find more information on membership at the National Club website.
For your convenience, new memberships or membership renewals can be completed by following the link below: