Volunteers are the life-blood of the Alpine Club of Canada Toronto Section. Without our great volunteers we wouldn’t have memorable Bon Echo weekends, the inspiring Banff Mountain Film Festival, and especially all the local events in both the summer and winter that everyone loves.
No matter how experienced you are, no matter whether you can tell a figure-eight from a dulfersitz, we can use all types of volunteers.
How You Can Help
- Lead a trip. You don’t need to lead 5.11 trad to take a group out for the day. The Activities coordinators can help you connect with knowledgeable keeners like you to get a group out for the day or the weekend.
- Take tickets, be an usher, and more at the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour. Held each year in March at the Bloor Cinema, we always need hands to help out deliver this world-class film festival.
- Join the Executive. Would you be interested in being considered for any of the Executive positions as they become available? Let us know, and the Executive will keep you in mind for the future.
- Lend a hand. Have a particular skill that might be handy (i.e. hiker, photographer, web programmer, first aid instructor, bake-sale organizer, etc)? Let us know and we’ll be sure to try to put you to use.
- Anything else… The ACC Toronto section is an open and flexible organization. If you have any ideas or comments on how to volunteer, don’t hesitate to let us know. Many hands make light work…